|Dangerous Goods Inside...|
I attended the Dietitians of Canada National Conference in Edmonton, where Liane Faulder, writer for the Edmonton Journal, helpfully shared her favourite foodie spots for all us hungry dietitians. Inspired, a friend and I were chatting about where to eat in Vancouver and she half jokingly suggested that I write my own list. Careful what you wish for....here it is...my current 10 favourite places to grab a bite or a drink (in no particular order, most definitely subject to change) in Vancouver!
1. Cafeteria Cafeteria is that perfect combination of intimate, friendly, delectable, seasonal and (gasp!) a good value. I have literally NEVER had a bad meal here and given that it is within stumbling distance of home, I go here a reasonable amount. http://cafeteriavancouver.ca/
2. La Taqueria Mmmm....tacos. Real, authentic tacos. 'Nuff said. http://www.lataqueria.ca/
3. Finch's Tea House The baguette sandwiches are transcendent. The cookies are the size of your face. http://www.finchteahouse.com/
4. Ganache Patisserie Owner Peter Fong does ridiculous things with pastry. I don't care much for sweets, unless they come from Ganache. Never met a treat I didn't like here. http://www.ganacheyaletown.com/
5. Judas Goat At last! A real tapas bar. Not a "funky decor, $22 for a boring plate with 1 oz of food on it" bar. Love the tiny, intimate space. Bold flavours, awesome wine list. http://www.judasgoat.ca/
6. L'Abattoir Gastown is rocking the food world right now. L'Abattoir has a great room, great service, inventive food and they actually take reservations. http://www.labattoir.ca/
7. Gene This is where I go for coffee...some of the best in town. And they definitely make the best mocha in town for my taste. I hate sweet stuff (see #4) and their mocha tastes like cocoa, not sickly sweet chocolate sauce.
8. Nuba Healthy, tasty and affordable. The good eats trifecta. Now open in the hipper-than-you Waldorf Hotel. http://www.nuba.ca/
9. Campagnolo Still my favourite pizza in Vancouver. You MUST try the crispy ceci. http://www.campagnolorestaurant.ca/
10. Bao Bei Want to impress your guests with how stylish and cosmopolitan Vancouver is? This is the spot. Think vintage modern Chinese with kicka@@ cocktails. Yum. http://www.bao-bei.ca/
Time to eat!